If you know me then you know that I’m a fan of the wacky guys featured in Southern Comfort’s “Whatever’s Comfortable” commercials. It’s been a minute since we were last introduced to one of SoCo’s whisky-drinking characters and last week that all came to an end thanks to Southern Comfort’s new “Dance” commercial. Whenever I come across one of the “Whatever’s Comfortable” commercials my brain is usually bombarded with a number of random observations, so I figured I’d actually list ‘em out this time. Here goes…
1. Is he wearing a cookie on his shirt? Seriously though, is that a paper cookie stuck to his chest? And if so, then I think I want one.
2. This song is kinda jammin’. Yep, the song’s called “Estrelar” by Marcos Valle and I will be YouTube-ing it in a matter of minutes for an impromptu jam session. Yes, a jam session quite similar to the one featured in this video.
3. Top Row, Center. You see the dance move buddy’s performing in the top row, center column around the 0:35 mark? There’s about an 82.5% chance that you’ll be performing that same exact dance move in the club two weeks from now.
4. Moves Like Jagger? Is it just me or did his dance moves become a lot more suave once he had a glass of whiskey in his hand?
5. Garnish game on lock. Southern Comfort should really consider creating drink garnishes that are actual waving flags. How epic would that be?